PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING OR OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH BATELCO.COM. BY ACCESSING BATELCO.COM, THE USER AGREES WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, TO ACCEPT ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
BATELCO TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE BATELCO SITES
1.1 In this Policy the following definitions shall apply:
“Batelco Bahrain Site” means various corporate portal web sites and web pages operated by Batelco or its affiliates from time to time.
“Communication Services” means any service which provides message-transfer facilities including message-routing and publish-subscribe.
“Content” means any information made available by a website or any other electronic medium. This includes information, text, data, communications, images, photographs, graphics, music, video, games and sounds, software or any other material supplied by the User, Batelco, or any third party content providers on behalf of Batelco and which is contained on or available as part of the Batelco service.
“Linked Site” means any portal site that is linked to the Batelco Corporate Portal Site.
“Licence agreement” is an agreement in which one person grants to another, or to a definite number of other persons, a right or permission to use a certain thing, and refers to the document recording that permission.
“User” means anyone that uses the Batelco Corporate Portal or public website.
“Network” means the electronic communications system by which we make services available in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
USE OF THE BATELCO SITE
2.2 The Batelco Site is offered to the User …
On the User’s unconditional acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained in this Policy and are deemed to apply as soon as the user visits the Batelco Site. The User confirms its unconditional agreement to the terms set out in this Policy upon its immediate use of the Batelco Sites.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
3.1 Batelco reserves the right to …
Change at any time without prior notice the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Batelco Site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Batelco Site. The User shall be wholly responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. The User shall be bound by these terms and conditions at all times.
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
4.1 Unless otherwise specified …
the Batelco Site is for the User’s personal and non-commercial use. The User shall not, under any circumstances modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Batelco Sites.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
5.1 Third Parties supply …
Components of the Batelco services. The Batelco Site may contain links to other Third Party Web Sites (hereinafter referred to as “Linked Sites“). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Batelco and Batelco shall not be held responsible in any way whatsoever for the contents of any Linked Site or for any damage or loss resulting …
Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. Without limiting the foregoing, …
- SERVICE CONTACT:
6.1 “Batelco Bahrain Site”
Shopping provides the Merchants’ links to the User. However, each individual Merchant participating at “Batelco Bahrain Site” Shopping is responsible for setting and explaining their individual shipping, return, security and other policies applicable to shopping in their stores and purchasing their products. “Batelco Bahrain Site” does not guarantee, warrant or endorse in any way …
The User shall be totally responsible for paying the entire amount due on the User’s purchase, including any applicable taxes, shipping and other charges assessed by the Merchant. With respect to applicable taxes, the Merchant will advise the User subsequently of the exact amount of tax due on the User’s purchase. “Batelco Bahrain Site” shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any miscalculation or omission by a Merchant of applicable taxes on any sale. The User represents and warrants that the User is at least twenty one (21) years of age and that the User has the full legal right to use “Batelco Bahrain Site” Shopping in accordance with the stated terms and usage policies. The User hereby agrees to supervise usage by, and be responsible for the actions of, any minors who use the User’s computer and/or registration account to access “Batelco Bahrain Site” Shopping.
7.1 Batelco reserves the right …
at its sole discretion, to terminate the User’s access to any or all Batelco Sites and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice and shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the User for such termination.
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) form the basis of the Batelco Farfesh Rewards Program (the “Farfesh Rewards Program”) and govern the relationship between Batelco and the members of Farfesh Rewards Program. By joining Farfesh Rewards Program, you can either participate in the Batelco Reward Program or the Partner Reward Program on the Terms and Conditions set out below.
The Farfesh Rewards Program is a customer benefit program available to Batelco postpaid and prepaid mobile customers.
- The Batelco Rewards
Customers will earn reward points (“Rewards Points”) for every Bahraini Dinar paid towards the monthly invoice for post-paid mobile services and before the due date, or for every Bahraini Dinar refilled for a prepaid mobile service. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, customers may redeem their Batelco Rewards Points for credit into their mobile post-paid or prepaid accounts.
a) You are automatically eligible for the Batelco Rewards Program offered by Bahrain Telecommunications Company B.S.C. if you have an active account for pre-paid or post-paid mobile services offered by us, which has not been ported-out, suspended, migrated or terminated.
b) Batelco’s employees, Enterprise customers and authorized resellers and distributors are not eligible to receive the Batelco Rewards.
c) Only direct payments or refills done by You to the particular Batelco account will be considered for the Rewards Points, excluding payments/refills done by Batelco to customers’ accounts, credit transfers, Batelco gift/discount vouchers (the “Voucher(s)”), bonuses, etc.
a) You may redeem the offer automatically through Batelco, once invoices are fully paid on or before the bill due date and/or refills have been made on the line. You can redeem and check your points for the Batelco Rewards through SMS or using other specified channels such as the USSD;
b) You may redeem the Vouchers as follows:
i. the expiry date of the Voucher is six (6) months from the date of receiving the redemption code;
ii. the Voucher may only be used towards redeeming handsets, devices and handset accessories;
iii. the Voucher’s value is two hundred Bahraini Dinars (BD200) only. You are responsible for paying any remaining amount if device/accessory is worth more than the value of the Voucher;
Voucher redumptions are obtainable for Mobile Postpaid customers on.
Voucher redemption and eligibility details are available on www.batelco.com.
c) Redemptions details for the Batelco Rewards are available on www.batelco.com;
d) Batelco’s Rewards cannot be redeemed for Batelco’s mobile prepaid data;
e) Batelco reserves the right to withhold processing of your redemption request for any misconduct by you.
v. The Partner Rewards
The Partners Rewards is a customer benefit program designed to offer customers a wide range of benefits for a rewarding experience from the participating dealers (“Participating Dealers”).
a) You are automatically eligible for the Partner Rewards Program offered by Bahrain Telecommunications Company B.S.C. if you have an active account for pre-paid or post-paid mobile services offered by us, which has not been ported-out, suspended or terminated.
a) You may redeem offers (the “Offer”) made available by the Participating Dealers from time to time;
b) You may redeem any Offer by sending an SMS to Batelco, or using other specified channels such as the USSD, to receive a serial number (code) for the Participating Dealer to avail from the Offer. One (1) serial number (code) per Participating Dealer outlet will be used per line per day;
c) Redemption and offer details for Partner Rewards are available on www.batelco.com;
d) Batelco does not assume any liability for, nor make any representation or warranty in relation to any redemption item made available by the Participating Dealers to you by your redemption of your Offer;
e) Batelco reserves the right to do the following at its absolute discretion without prior notice to you:
i. substitute any Partner Reward Offer with an item of equivalent value;
ii. change or terminate the Partner Rewards, or modify the Partners Rewards as it deems necessary from time to time and without notice to you; and
iii. withhold processing of your redemption request for any misconduct by you.
vi. General Provisions
3.1 The term of the farfesh Rewards Program is valid for a period of twelve (12) months.
3.2 You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by your participation in the farfesh Rewards Program and redemption of the Offers.
3.3 Batelco reserves the right to terminate or suspend (in whole or in part) the Farfesh Rewards Program at any time without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever to you.
3.4 Notwithstanding Clauses 1.1 and 2.1 above, you will not be eligible for the Farfesh Rewards Program:
(a) if you cease to subscribe to any of our services and/or terminate an existing Batelco Postpaid or Prepaid mobile line registered under your name, including without limitation, as a result of a transfer of service subscription;
(b) if you fail to make payment for previous outstanding postpaid mobile bills invoiced by Batelco, or such previous outstanding bills were not paid on their due date;
(c) if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions or any of our Participating Dealers’ terms and conditions; and
(d) any other circumstances as determined by Batelco in its sole discretion.
3.5 The Batelco’s Rewards or Partner’s Rewards, whether redeemed or not, may not be refunded, transferred to other customers, or exchanged for rewards or cash.
3.6 Batelco is not responsible for any wrongful redemption of the Offers, any failure to redeem and/or any redemption under your account made by persons other than yourself. You remain solely responsible for your redemption of the Offers
3.7 Batelco shall not be liable in any way to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise for any direct or indirect loss, claim or damage howsoever caused or arising from or in relation to the Farfesh Rewards Program and/or your participation in the farfesh Rewards Program.
3.8 Batelco reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions for any changes. If you do not agree to the revised terms, please cease participating in the farfesh Rewards Program within three (3) days. Your continued participation in the Farfesh Rewards Program following any amendment of these Terms and Conditions will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. Batelco’s decisions on all matters pertaining to the farfesh Rewards Program are final.
3.9 Nothing herein shall be construed or interpreted as varying or otherwise affecting Batelco or your obligations under any other agreement governing the provision of Batelco’s products or services.
3.10 Batelco does not guarantee that you will receive any SMS related to the farfesh Rewards Program upon payment, refill or sending an SMS to Participating Dealers. In no event shall Batelco be liable for any failure in its systems in relation to the farfesh Rewards Program.
3.11 These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between Batelco and you are governed by Bahraini law as applied in the Kingdom of Bahrain. You are agreeing to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Postpaid Mobile Internet
- Once the threshold is consumed the data session will stop
- Customer on a 12 months contract may upgrade his package to any other 12 months contract (ex: upgrade from 40Gb to 80GB)
- Customer on a 24 months contract may upgrade his package to any other 24 months contract (ex: upgrade from 130Gb to 300GB)
- Downgrade is not possible
Register your Mobile lines!
- Regulation from the TRA (Resolution No. (13) of 2015)
“Promulgating the SIM-card Enabled Telecommunications Services Registration Regulation.”
- The process/regulation is endorsed by the TRA, Information & eGovernment Authority (IGA) and all Telecom operators
- The process applies to Batelco Mobile customers (register their new & existing lines).
- The process also applies to the following Postpaid and Prepaid services: Change of Ownership, Migration between services, Re-activation of line, Postpaid Family plans.
- The process includes a verification from the IGA within 24 hours of application.
- In cases that the verification process is rejected (after a number of attempts from Batelco):
- Invalid CPR Number/CPR does not exist – customer should contact the IGA to update his records
- Invalid fingerprint image after a number of attempts by Batelco- customer should contact the IGA to update his records
- As part of the regulation, customers are not allowed to have more than 10 prepaid lines registered under the same ID
Prepaid SimSim Starter pack terms and conditions:
- This package is eligible for new and existing customers.
- The Data Bolt-ons are available for both BD3.150 weekly and BD6.300 monthly bolt-ons only.
- On consuming full data, data access will be stopped temporarily until the next refill.
- Line activation and bolton’s before the 16th of February 2017 are entitled to the extra Minute and DATA, till further note.
- Batelco has the right to withdraw this package at any time.
Mobile Prepaid SimSim Internet Terms & Conditions:
- General Prepaid terms and conditions apply.
- This is a limited offer.
- Each Refill voucher is equivalent to a Data threshold, please click here for the details
- On consuming full data, data access will be stopped temporarily until the next refill
- The offer is eligible for Prepaid Data new lines only.
- Bonus Scheme does not apply for Prepaid Internet Packages
- Batelco has the rights to withdraw this package at any time.
Register your identity!
- New process and regulation from the TRA (Resolution No. (13) of 2015)
- Promulgating the SIM-card Enabled Telecommunications Services Registration Regulation.
- The new process/regulation is endorsed by the TRA, Information & eGovernment Authority (IGA) and all Telecom operators
- The new process applies to the following Postpaid and Prepaid services: new mobile line, Change of Ownership, Migration between services, Re-activation of line, Postpaid Family plans. The new process includes a verification from the IGA within 24 hours of application.
- In cases that the verification process is rejected (after a number of attempts from Batelco Sales Agent):
- Invalid CPR Number/CPR does not exist – customer is asked to contact the IGA to update his records
- Invalid fingerprint image after a number of attempts by Sales agent- customer is asked to contact the IGA to update his records
- Charges may apply for successful verifications
- As part of the new regulation, it is not allowed to have more than 10 prepaid lines registered under the same ID
- Prepaid customers with wrong age records and considered as minor’s needs to visit the nearest Batelco shop with parents and change ownership to avoid service disconnection before 31st Dec 2017.
- Definitions“Agreement”means these Terms and Conditions together with the Application Form, and any other general terms and conditions which may apply to the provision of other services by Batelco as the case may be;“Application Form” means the Batelco TV Application Form, governed by these Terms and Conditions, which you have entered into with Batelco for the provision of the requested Service;“Batelco Confidential Information” means all information (whether written or oral) concerning Batelco’s business, trade secrets, customers, suppliers and affairs that you shall obtain or receive as a result of the provision of the Service;”Bill” means a bill sent to you by Batelco in accordance with clause 5;“Charges” means the charges payable by you in return for your use of the Service, as set out in clause 5;“Customer” means you (the person who enters into this Agreement with Batelco for the provision of the Service);“Device” means the equipment (including any software) provided to the Customer by Batelco to enable the Customer to receive the Service;“Device Supplier” means the manufacturer or manufacturer’s authorized distributor of the Device;“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright (including rights in computer software), patents, trademarks, trade names, service marks, business names (including Internet domain names), design rights, database rights, semi-conductor topography rights, rights in undisclosed or confidential information (such as know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not)) and all other intellectual property or similar proprietary rights of whatever nature (whether registered or not and including applications to register or rights to apply for registration) which may now or in the future subsist anywhere in the world;“Initial Term” means 12 months from the date of activation of the Service, or such other time as may be notified to you by Batelco;“Registration Fee” means the fee payable by you pursuant to clause 5.3;“Service” means the Package selected by the Customer on the Application Form including any changes, upgrades and/or downgrades to such package, as and when requested by the Customer, and supplied by Batelco from time to time.“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out herein;“Third Party Content” means audio, video, data and other media over which Batelco exercises no editorial or programming control;“Third Party Software” means software purchased from a party other than Batelco; and“you” and “your” means (i) the Customer who orders the Service and (ii) belonging to the Customer, as the case may be and as the context so requires.“we” or “us” mean Batelco and “our” has a corresponding meaning.
- Service Provision and Pre-requisites2.1Batelco shall provide the Batelco TV Service which you have selected on the Application Form subject to these Terms and Conditions.2.2 You must be at least 18 years of age to assume the responsibilities of this Agreement. Minors may use the Service only if one of their parents or legal guardians assumes the responsibilities of this Agreement and thereby assume full responsibility for their use of the Service.
- Term and Termination3.1The term of this agreement shall commence on the date the Service is activated by Batelco, and continue unless otherwise terminated by the Customer or Batelco under Clauses 4.5 or 10.3.2 If you have requested for a Contract Package, in the event you terminate this Agreement before the expiry of the Initial Term, you shall be liable to pay to Batelco a pro rata amount of the cost of the Device (BD 40 unless otherwise notified to you) -) calculated according to the number of calendar months or part months remaining from the date of notification to the end of the Initial Term..
- Device and Installation4.1If you have requested for a Package, which requires a Device, Batelco shall supply the Device to you, upon supply of the Service by Batelco.4.2 Batelco shall provide the details of Customer with a one (1) year manufacturer’s warranty beginning from the date the Application Form is signed.4.3 The Customer acknowledges and accepts that the provisions of the warranty are the sole responsibility of the Device Supplier, and Batelco shall not be held responsible or liable for any direct or indirect damage, defects, faults, and/or claims regarding the Device. All claims in relation to the Device shall be made under the Device warranty or against the Device Supplier and waives all claims in relation to the Device against Batelco.4.4 Any installation and/or upgrade of the Device requested by the Customer shall be separately performed and managed by the Device Supplier of the Device acquired by the Customer, including any ongoing support and maintenance services to be performed in relation to the Device.4.5 You agree not to modify, tamper with or attempt to dismantle the Device. Any such unauthorized use may void the manufacturer’s warranty and entitle Batelco to terminate this Agreement, immediately, and/or charge you the cost of a replacement Device in the event of any damage caused to the Device.4.6 Batelco reserves the right at all times, and without prior notice to the Customer, to update any software associated with the Device. The updating of such software may disrupt the Service for a temporary period. The Customer agrees to cooperate with any instructions issued by Batelco in respect of the updating of software, to enable Batelco to upgrade the software for the purposes of providing the Service to you.
- Charges and Payment5.1Batelco will send you a Bill on a monthly basis. The Charges are payable by you monthly in advance. If that payment becomes overdue, Batelco may suspend or terminate the Service pursuant to clause 10.5.2 Details of the Charges are available on Batelco’s website. Batelco reserves the right to make changes to the Charges, such changes to be advertised on Batelco’s website one month prior to the date of implementation.5.3 Where applicable, the Registration Fee is payable by you when the Application Form is signed.5.4 Should you wish to reactivate your subscription following cancellation or termination, you may be charged a reactivation fee.5.5 If you are subscribing under a promotional subscription fee, additional restrictions may apply according to the additional terms and conditions.5.6 The Charges do not include any services, features or functionality other than the announced Batelco Service.5.7 If you do not pay a Bill by the due date, Batelco shall have the right at its discretion and without notice to you to: (i) transfer the unpaid invoiced amount to the account of any other service(s) provided to you by Batelco, and you will be liable to pay all charges on any invoice issued by Batelco for such service(s) by the due date; and (b) deduct the unpaid invoiced amount from any payment or credit due to you by Batelco under this Agreement or any other agreement for services(s) provided by Batelco to you. The rights in this clause are in addition to any other rights that Batelco has under these Terms and Conditions, including the right to suspend or terminate the Service in accordance with clause 10 or any other service provided by Batelco.5.8 Applicable charges for the use of the existing Pay-TV and/or Video-on-Demand feature shall be determined at the sole discretion of the provider of such Pay-TV and/or Video-on-Demand service by providing the Customer with one (1) month’s prior notice.
- Changes to the Service7.1Batelco may at its discretion and from time to time change, add, or remove features and functionality of the Service without notice. If you are dissatisfied with any such changes to the Service, you may immediately cancel your use of the Service in accordance with the procedure set out in clause 10 below.7.2 Batelco reserves the right to discontinue one, some, or all of the features of the Service you receive at any time.7.3 Batelco may at its discretion discontinue the provision of software updates to certain features depending on compliance. This means that whilst certain Services may receive continued software updates and functionality, Batelco is not required to provide such updates to your Service.7.4 The level of service Batelco provides may not be the same for every customer; as some Service may support different features and functionality. Batelco is under no obligation to provide all features and functionality to your Service. The Service is not available outside of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Copyright8.1Third Party Content is protected by copyright law and other applicable laws.8.2 Programming is not under Batelco’s control; certain providers may restrict or limit the ability to record, display view or transfer particular programmes by using a variety of copy protection mechanisms and content providers may restrict or revoke access to their content at any time.8.3 Batelco is not responsible for and has no editorial control over any Third Party Content and Batelco has no control over the distribution of such content. Batelco accepts no liability in relation to any Third Party Content.8.4 Batelco is not responsible for any content or display on screen may be political, sexual or any potentially offensive or immoral.8.5 You must not copy, distribute copies, show in public, rebroadcast or relay any part of the programs provided to you as part of the Service. You may only use the Service for private use and it must not be accessible by the general public or in a communal viewing area.8.6 In the event that you are identified as the source of any illegal copying or being used for reception of programming which is not authorised to you under the Service, Batelco reserves the right to without notice, (i) suspend and/or terminate this Agreement, and (ii) provide your details to any owner/licensor of copyright in the illegally copied program for the purpose of prosecution of such an offence.8.7 We may disable or alter some functions of the Service to prevent any infringing acts.8.8 Any breaches of this clause 8 may infringe the copyright of third parties and you will be responsible for any claims made against Batelco for losses suffered as a result of actual or claimed copyright infringement committed by you or any other person using the Device provided to you, and you hereby agree to fully indemnify Batelco for any such losses suffered.
- Advertising and PromotionsThe Service is supported and sponsored by commercial advertising. Batelco reserves the right to send content (including advertising and promotional material) as part of service.
- Termination of Service10.1You may terminate this Agreement, and your right to use the Service, at any time and for any reason, by submitting an official termination request to any Batelco Retail shop.10.2 Batelco may terminate this Service by giving one month’s prior notice to you.10.3 Batelco reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate the Service, and terminate this Agreement, if you breach any provision in this Agreement, fail to comply with any reasonable instructions relating to the Service, misuse the Service, and/or use the Service in such a manner as to infringe upon the Intellectual Property Rights of Batelco or any third party.10.4 Upon termination, Batelco will send you a Bill for all monthly Charges which are due and which have not yet been billed by Batelco prior to termination of the Service. This Bill will include any Charges which are outstanding at the date of termination. If you have paid a monthly Charge in advance of the date of termination you will not receive a refund in respect of that unexpired part of the relevant month for which you have paid. You agree to pay this Bill on or before the date upon which payment is required.10.5 Batelco may also suspend the Service with immediate effect where: (i) it is necessary in order to carry out any maintenance or repair to the Service; (ii) the relevant government authorities within the Kingdom of Bahrain or elsewhere require Batelco to suspend the Service for whatever reason; or (iii) Batelco has good reason to suspect that you are in breach of any part of this Agreement.10.6 Batelco may, at its sole discretion, reinstate the Service if it is satisfied that you have rectified any breach of this Agreement or the reason for the initial suspension of the Service no longer applies.10.7 None of the rights which either Batelco or you have accrued as a result of these Terms and Conditions prior to the date of termination shall be lost or otherwise affected following termination.
- Liability and Indemnity11.1Batelco will not be liable for failure to provide the Service caused by events outside Batelco’s reasonable control.11.2 Batelco does not in any way exclude or limit its liability: (i) for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Batelco or its directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents; or (ii) in respect of fraud or any fraudulent statements made by Batelco or its directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents.11.3 Subject always to clause 11.2, Batelco shall not have any liability to you in respect of your use of the Service which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.11.4 Subject always to clause 11.2, Batelco shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of this contract for: (i) any loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings, loss or corruption of data, loss of contract or opportunity or loss of goodwill; or (ii) any indirect or consequential loss of whatever nature, which could be described as indirect or consequential and whether or not reasonably foreseeable, reasonably contemplatable, or actually contemplated by the parties at the time of the commencement of the Service.11.5 If Batelco shall be liable to you in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise, Batelco’s liability shall be limited to the equivalent cost of six (6) month’s Charges for any event or related series of events.11.6 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Batelco harmless absolutely from and against all costs, losses, claims, damages and expenses (including without limitation any legal costs) of any kind whatsoever, whether foreseeable or not, that may be suffered by Batelco as a result of your use of the Service (or anyone using the Service with your permission), which are brought or threatened against us by a third party where you are at fault.
- Title to Device and Software and Intellectual Property Rights12.1The Device will contain certain software to enable you to use or have full access to certain features of the Service.12.2 Batelco retains title to and ownership of all the software for the Service and certain Intellectual Property Rights in the Service and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a transfer or license to you of the same. You agree not to do anything to limit, interfere with, or otherwise jeopardise in any manner such rights, title and interest.12.3 Title to and ownership of the Device shall remain with Batelco and shall not pass to the Customer until the expiry of the Initial Term.12.4 Batelco also retains ownership of all Batelco Intellectual Property Rights. In the case of third party software delivered by Batelco to the Service, the applicable third party retains title to and ownership of its software, copyrights and trademarks.12.5 Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, sublicense, reproduce, copy, distribute or use for other purposes either the Service or its software is strictly prohibited.
- Warranties Disclaimer13.1Batelco cannot guarantee that the Service will be free from faults and interruptions which arise from factors which are outside Batelco’s control, whether as a result of network performance, third party interference or otherwise. You accept that you may not be able to receive the Service where certain technical restrictions arise, although Batelco shall use reasonable endeavors to keep any disruption to the provision of the Service in such circumstances to a minimum.13.2 You understand and agree that the Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Batelco makes no warranty that Batelco service will meet your requirements, allow you to record, view or transfer any particular programming or that use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, nor does Batelco make any warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of any information which is obtained through the Service (including third party content).13.3 Batelco does not warrant that data and content provided through the Service will be free of viruses or other harmful components. Batelco shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your Device and its software or any other hardware.
- Protection of Personal Information14.1You acknowledge and expressly agree to Batelco collecting personal information about you. Such information may be collected from you and others or generated within our Network when you or anyone else uses the Service or any other service.14.2 You acknowledge and expressly consent to Batelco using your information for any lawful purpose including providing you with the Service, account management, billing, debt collection, credit assessments, directory purposes, market research, customer profiling, product and service development, marketing and customer care.14.3 Your customer information may be retained for a reasonable period of time in a secure environment. You acknowledge that calls to our Customer Care Centre may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.14.4 You acknowledge and expressly consent Batelco disclosing your information to third parties (such as to our agents, credit agents and other carriers) for purposes including credit referencing, fraud detection and prevention, debt collection, investigating insurance claims, directory purposes, for any reason required by law and for any other lawful purpose.14.5 You may ask to see your account information and any other information that we hold about you and ask for any details that are wrong to be corrected. We reserve the right to refuse such a request where we are unable to verify that the person requesting the information is in fact you or a person authorised by you. We shall not be liable for the disclosure or non-disclosure of such information or for any inaccuracy or lack of completeness of any information disclosed.14.6 You agree that we may contact any person or reference provided by you to verify the accuracy of your account details. You acknowledge that Batelco, or its agents, may from time to time contact you by post, telephone, in person, email or text message regarding details of promotions, competitions or our other products and services. You hereby expressly consent to such contacts. If you no longer wish to be contacted in such a manner please notify Batelco in writing.
- Resolving disputes and complaints15.1If you have a complaint or dispute regarding our service you may avail of our formal complaints procedure by calling the Batelco Call Centre free of charge on 196 or by sending an email to: email@example.com Batelco will acknowledge receipt of a formal complaint, respond within a stated period of time, deal with your complaint and take action if necessary. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint you may avail of the dispute resolution procedure.15.3 If your complaint has not been resolved within 60 days the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority may be contacted at PO Box 10353, Kingdom of Bahrain, Tel (+973) 81188, Fax (+973) 17 532523.
- Miscellaneous provisions16.1Batelco reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If Batelco does make any amendments it will inform you of such changes either by posting the changes on its website at www.batelco.com or by other means as Batelco sees fit. You agree that your continued use of the Service after any amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be evidence of your intention to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended in accordance with this clause 18.104.22.168 This Agreement together with all documents which are referred to in the Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between Batelco and you and they supersede all prior agreements between the parties.16.3 The laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain apply to this Agreement. Both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Bahrain courts of law.16.4 Batelco will not be responsible for its failure to perform all or any of its duties arising under these Terms and Conditions where any event beyond its reasonable control occurs. Such events include but are not limited to acts of God, fire, acts of terrorism, war, civil commotion, embargo, labour dispute, prevention from obtaining raw materials, power failure, acts of government or state or failure of third party telecommunications systems which impact upon Batelco’s ability to provide the Service.16.5 If any part of these Terms and Conditions becomes to any extent illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall to that extent be deemed to no longer form part of these Terms and Conditions. This will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any of the remaining Terms and Conditions which shall continue in force.16.6 You may not assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without Batelco’s prior written consent. You agree that Batelco may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement to an alternative provider if necessary, as long as the level of service remains of a comparable standard.
Terms and Conditions for Batelco Internet Services (Residential)
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Services (as defined below) which are provided by Bahrain Telecommunications Company BSC. (“Batelco”) under the “inet” (Batelco Internet Services) brand. Please take time to read these important Terms and Conditions fully.
- Commencement of contract
This contract commences when we confirm our acceptance, whether in writing, by e-mail or otherwise, of your application for Internet Services using the Application Form.
- Service Provision
2.1 Batelco shall provide to you those inet services (the “Services”) which you have indicated on the Application Form that you require. Further details of which can be found in promotional literature available at Batelco’s customer and sales centre and on the Batelco website. The current Services available to you are set out below and are subject to these Terms & Conditions and the Batelco Acceptable Use Internet Security Policy located in promotional literature available at Batelco’s customer and sales centre and on the Batelco website (as updated by Batelco from time to time), except where expressly stated otherwise.
2.2 Batelco cannot guarantee that the Services will be free from faults and interruptions which arise from factors which are outside Batelco’s control, whether as a result of network performance, third party interference or otherwise. You accept that you may not be able to receive the Services where certain technical restrictions may arise, although Batelco shall use reasonable endeavours to keep any disruption to the provision of the Services in such circumstances to a minimum.
- Your Subscription Period
Any minimum period of subscription to the Services is indicated on your Application Form or in these Terms & Conditions.
3.1 In respect of the Services specified on your Application Form, you agree to receive such Services, in return for your payment of the Charges for the minimum period set out on your Application Form (where applicable) and thereafter until termination of these Terms and Conditions in accordance with clause 11.
- Service Activation
You can expect your Broadband Service to be activated within 1-5 working days, subject to the availability of the ADSL service in your area of residence and telephone line condition. In some cases, activation of the Service may take up to one (1) month or more, depending on the service start-up requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned Terms and Conditions for Batelco Internet Services
(Residential), the following terms and condition shall apply to Batelco’s Broadband Service.
4.2 Broadband Specifics
4.2.1 Broadband is not applicable to PABXs (Private Automatic Branch Exchanges), any hunting lines, ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network), DID (Direct Inward Dialing), key telephone systems, Auxiliary Lines and ADSL-enabled systems.
4.2.2 Broadband is valid for one (1) telephone line per modem. Batelco’s technical support and customer care service shall be limited to the main computer where the ADSL line is connected.
4.2.3 Broadband is for use strictly within the same Customer address Premises mentioned in the original Broadband Application Form only, and shall not be used for any network environments beyond Customer address Premises.
4.2.4 If the telephone line is not registered under your name, you must obtain approval from the registered telephone subscriber for use of Broadband Service on that particular telephone line. Additional phone lines will not be provided free of charge.
4.2.5 Please note that some described features of the Service may vary. The assigned Service speed is the speed between the Customer location and Batelco ADSL gateway. Actual data transfer of throughput may be lower than the service speed due to Internet congestion or any other factors that cannot be controlled by Batelco.
4.3 You are required to have in place an appropriate Access Line and Customer Equipment of the Required Specification to facilitate and establish a physical connection to inet to allow you to access the Services. You understand that if you do not have these facilities in place Batelco cannot provide the Services to you.
4.4 The following items will be assigned to you once your application for the Services has been accepted by us:
- i) a User Identification; and
- ii) a Password
- inet E-mail Accounts
5.1 Where the Services which you have requested include the provision of one or more inet E-mail Accounts, you agree to use such e-mail access at all times in accordance with these Terms & Conditions, and in particular the provisions at clause 6 set out below.
5.2 Each inet E-mail Account supplied by Batelco will follow a set format, namely 4 to 8 characters beginning with a letter and followed by Batelco’s standard email domain and will be subject to availability. You may search for an appropriate e-mail address for your inet E-mail Account upon registration for those applicable Services and Batelco shall assign your chosen address to you if it is available at that time.
- Your Responsibilities
Customer Equipment and data
6.1 You will be solely responsible, and Batelco accepts no liability whatsoever for:
- i) providing, configuring and maintaining the Customer Equipment;
- ii) ensuring that the Customer Equipment complies with all applicable laws or relevant telecommunication industry standards and meets the Required Specification;
iii) ensuring that the Customer Equipment is compatible with any Third Party Software
used by you in order to receive the Services, and meets your needs in respect of the use of the Services; and
- iv) all data retrieved, stored or transmitted through the Service. This shall include but not be limited to any distortion or corruption caused to the Customer Equipment or data as a result of the use of the Services.
6.2 You acknowledge that some material on the Internet may be offensive, illegal or otherwise generally inappropriate. Batelco cannot be held responsible for all or any of the content, accuracy or quality of information or the resources available, received or transmitted by you or anyone else through your (or any other third party’s) use of the Services, whether or not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
Use of the Services
6.3 You will be solely responsible for all access to, and use of, the Services provided to you, whether or not you use Services which require a User Identification and/or a Password. If you allow a third party to access the Services, you will remain liable for all activities conducted by such third party, including but not limited to use of the Internet, your inet E-mail Account, other e-mail service on any other usage whatsoever.
6.4 You agree that you will not at any time use the Services (including, where applicable, the inet E-mail Account(s)):
- i) in order to resell, re-supply, hire, transfer ownership, assign, trade or otherwise dispose of the Service or make it available to any person on a commercial basis;
- ii) to breach any laws, legislative provisions, regulations, codes or standards of any relevant body or authority;
iii) in a way which infringes or may potentially infringe the Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any third party;
- iv) to store, send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use, transmit, distribute, post to a bulletin board or otherwise place onto the Internet material which:
(a) is abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, menacing, pornographic, or offensive on moral, religious, political grounds or otherwise; or
(b) is liable to incite racial disharmony or hatred, violence or sadism; or
(c) promotes drug-trafficking, prostitution, money-laundering, terrorism, paedophilia (or any material that is in any way harmful to minors); or
(d) is a spam, or contains a virus, backdoor, time bomb, bot, Trojan horse, worm, drop dead device or other code, program or device liable to cause loss or damage, disable, erase, destroy, disrupt or impair the normal operation of the Services or any computer systems or permit access to or use of the Services by any person not authorised by Batelco;
- v) for any improper purposes, including but not limited to, vice, gambling or fraudulent activities;
- vi) to in any way compromise the integrity or security of any part of Batelco’s network or its telecommunications systems, or to otherwise interrupt the provision of the Services;
vii) to provide public information services without obtaining prior formal approval from the relevant government authorities within the Kingdom of Bahrain;
viii) to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; and
- ix) to use, access or otherwise deal with any Batelco Confidential Information without Batelco’s prior consent, or use the Services in any way which invades another’s privacy or other similar rights;
Provision of Information to Batelco
6.5 You will provide true, accurate, complete and up-to-date information to Batelco as requested on the Application Form, including but not limited to your name, address and date of birth (the “Information”), and upon any subsequent reasonable request made by Batelco from time to time.
6.6 You will promptly notify Batelco of any changes in the Information.
6.7 In your use of the Services you will not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, or otherwise impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, organisation or entity.
Breach of this clause
6.8 You shall indemnify, defend and hold Batelco harmless absolutely from and against all costs, losses, claims, damages and expenses (including without limitation any legal costs) of any kind whatsoever, whether foreseeable or not that may be suffered by Batelco as a result of any breach of this clause 6 by you, or anyone using the Services with your permission.
6.9 Nothing in this clause 6 shall prohibit Batelco or otherwise restrict its rights to commence legal proceedings against you for enforcement of all or any part of this clause 6.
6.10 Batelco reserves the right in applicable circumstances arising from a breach of the provisions of this clause 6 or where otherwise requested to pass on such of your details to the relevant authorities as may be appropriate. Furthermore, Batelco may take such steps as it sees fit, including but not limited to the modification or deletion of any offending material which you have disseminated using the Services in contravention of these Terms & Conditions, or the Suspension or termination of your access to the
Services and/or any inet E-mail Accounts pursuant to these Terms & Conditions, as soon as it becomes aware of the existence of such material. You agree to provide all necessary assistance to Batelco as Batelco may request in order to allow Batelco to take the steps set out in this clause.
- Use of Software
7.1 In connection with the provision of the Services, you may use Third Party Software provided to you by Batelco. The use of the Third Party Software shall be subject to the Terms & Conditions stated herein and shall be at sole risk and responsibility of the Customer.
7.2 Batelco makes no warranty and hereby excludes all liability in respect of and/or arising out of the use of the Third Party Software provided to you. You must not copy or modify the Third Party Software (unless permitted by law) or use it for any other purpose apart from to access the Services in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
7.3 In the event that changes are introduced to Batelco’s network, Batelco shall not be responsible for ensuring that the Third Party Software will continue to be compatible with Batelco’s network and you shall have no claim whatsoever against Batelco arising from such change.
7.4 You agree to strictly comply with all instructions or notices in whatever form and through whatever means given by Batelco from time to time regarding the use of the Third Party Software.
- Batelco’s rights and responsibilities
8.1 Batelco has no obligation to monitor your use of the Services, nor to retain the content of any user session. However, Batelco reserves the right to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any and all communications or information as necessary to identify breaches of these Terms & Conditions or in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
8.2 Batelco will investigate any suspected or alleged breach of these Terms & Conditions and will act reasonably and fairly at all times in doing so. Batelco reserves the right to take any action that it deems to be appropriate and proportionate to such breach of the Terms & Conditions.
8.3 Batelco may retain your personal data provided pursuant to this clause or otherwise in accordance with these Terms & Conditions, and you authorise Batelco to use such personal data in order to:
- i) provide the Services;
- ii) maintain a record for a reasonable period of time following termination of these Terms & Conditions pursuant to clause 11 or otherwise; and
iii) otherwise disclose or use such data in compliance with Batelco’s legal obligations in respect of the same.
8.4 You understand that all rights, title and interests (including all Intellectual Property Rights) in the Services remain vested in Batelco (and/or it suppliers where applicable) and nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall operate as a transfer or licence to you of the same. You agree not to do anything to limit, interfere with, or otherwise jeopardise in any manner such rights, title and interest.
- Liability and Indemnity
9.1 Batelco does not in any way exclude or limit its liability:
- i) for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Batelco or its directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents; or
- ii) in respect of fraud or any fraudulent statements made by Batelco or its directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents.
9.2 Subject always to clause 9.1, Batelco shall not have any liability to you in respect of your use of the Services which are not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
9.3 Subject always to clause 9.1, Batelco shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of this contract for:
- i) any loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings, loss or corruption of data, loss of contract or opportunity or loss of goodwill; or
- ii) any indirect or consequential loss of whatever nature, including any loss described in clause 9.3 i) above which could be described as indirect or consequential and whether or not reasonably foreseeable, reasonably contemplatable, or actually contemplated by the parties at the time of the commencement of the Services.
9.4 In the event that Batelco shall be liable to you in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise, Batelco’s liability shall be limited to the equivalent cost of six (6) month’s subscription fee for any event or related series of events.
9.5 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Batelco harmless absolutely from and against all costs, losses, claims, damages and expenses (including without limitation any legal costs) of any kind whatsoever, whether foreseeable or not, that may be suffered by Batelco as a result of your use of the Services (or anyone using the Services with your permission), which are brought or threatened against us by a third party where you are at fault.
9.6 Subject always to clause 9.1, Batelco excludes all liability for any loss of your data however caused, including without limitation as a result of any interruption, suspension, termination or non-delivery of the Services. Batelco does not accept any responsibility for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any information you input or send to Batelco or any third party during your use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Services.
- Security measures
You acknowledge that the Internet contains viruses which may destroy or corrupt your data on the Customer Equipment. You further acknowledge that Batelco has no control over such viruses and you remain responsible for checking for such viruses on a regular basis. You confirm that you shall comply to the Batelco Acceptable Use Internet Security Policy (as updated by Batelco from time to time) in accordance with your obligations under this clause 10, or otherwise under these Terms & Conditions and acknowledge that Batelco will not be held responsible for any interruption to the Services resulting from your failure to comply with all or any of the provisions of this clause 10.
11.1 Subject to you having fulfilled any applicable minimum period of subscription (see clause 3), you may terminate these Terms & Conditions and bring this contract to an end at any time following the expiry of seven (7) calendar days prior written notice to Batelco. Upon termination of these Terms & Conditions, all Charges which are due from you to Batelco become immediately due and payable and the provisions of clause 12 shall continue to apply.
11.2 Batelco may terminate these Terms & Conditions and the provision of the Services by
- i) giving you thirty (30) calendar days prior written notice; or
- ii) with immediate effect in any of the following circumstances:
(a) where you receive a Service for which you do not pay the Charges within the time frame set out in the Bill(s) to which the Charges relate; or
(b) you breach a material term or condition set out in these Terms & Conditions. A material term or condition for these purposes includes but is not limited to any part of clause 6; or
(c) you breach any other term or condition set out in these Terms & Conditions apart from those set out at clause 11.2 i) (b) above and do not rectify the breach within seven (7) calendar days of such breach coming to the attention of Batelco; or
(d) you become insolvent or bankrupt or are otherwise deemed unable to pay your debts as and when they fall due; or
(e) Batelco has reason to believe that you have not provided true, accurate and complete information as required at the time of application for the Services.
- Events Following Termination
12.1 Immediately after the termination of these Terms & Conditions for whatever reason, the
following shall apply:
- i) Batelco will immediately terminate your access to the Services;
- ii) if you retain any Batelco Equipment which you use or have used in connection with the Services or otherwise, you must immediately return this to Batelco in complete and good working order, unless Batelco provides its express prior written consent to the contrary;
iii) Batelco will send you a Bill for all Charges which are outstanding as a result of your use of the Services and which have not yet been billed by Batelco prior to termination of the Services. This Bill will include any monthly Subscription Charges which are outstanding at the date of termination. If you have paid a monthly Subscription Charge in advance of the date of termination you will not receive a refund in respect of that unexpired part of the relevant month for which you have paid. You agree to pay this
Bill on or before the date upon which payment is required;
12.2 None of the rights which either Batelco or you have accrued as a result of these Terms & Conditions prior to the date of termination shall be lost or otherwise affected following termination.
13.1 Batelco may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Services that are provided to you instead of terminating this contract in accordance with 11.2 (b) above. Batelco shall decide the duration of such suspension.
13.2 Batelco may also suspend the Services with immediate effect where:
- i) it is necessary in order to carry out any maintenance or repair to the Services or otherwise; or
- ii) the relevant government authorities within the Kingdom of Bahrain or elsewhere require Batelco to suspend the Services for whatever reason; or
iii) Batelco have good reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of these Terms & Conditions.
13.3 Batelco may reinstate the Services in its sole discretion if it is satisfied that you have rectified any breach of the Terms & Conditions or the reason for the initial suspension of the Services no longer applies.
- Charges, Billing and Payment
14.1 The Charges for the Services shall be based on tariffs and rates as published by Batelco on their website and any amendments which may be introduced by Batelco from time to time. Full details of current tariffs and rates can be found by visiting the relevant page specific to the particular Services which you require. Any revisions to the Charges will be advertised on Batelco’s website seven (7) days prior to their implementation date.
Value Added Tax (VAT):
All amounts stated in this Agreement are exclusive of VAT.
- Where Batelco makes a taxable supply or deemed supply of products or services to the customer as defined by the applicable VAT law in the Kingdom of Bahrain, the charges, payment or other consideration for that supply shall be exclusive of all VAT charges, and the customer shall pay the VAT in addition to the charges, payment or other consideration on the earlier of: (a) when the charges, payment or other consideration is made; or (b) when the supply is made.
- When the customer pays or reimburses the costs, fees, charges or expenses of Batelco; the customer shall also reimburse any part of such cost, fee, charge or expense (or proportion of it) which represents VAT, except where Batelco is entitled to credit or repayment in respect of such VAT from National Bureau for Gulf Taxation (NBGT) in Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Where the consideration for any taxable supply of goods or services is subsequently adjusted (including contract termination), Batelco shall make all the necessary adjustments to VAT, including the repayment of VAT and any fees due.
14.2 Batelco will provide you with a regular Bill detailing (i) the Charges applying at the time the Services are used and (ii) the total amount due to Batelco for the provision of the Services in the period to which the Bill relates. You agree that you will pay these charges to Batelco promptly and in any event by the payment date printed on the Bill. If that payment becomes overdue, Batelco may suspend or terminate the Services pursuant to clause 11.
14.3 Where applicable, the Registration and Setup Fee is payable by you when the Application Form is signed.
14.4 For various Services, Batelco will send you a Bill on a monthly basis. The Subscription Charges are payable by you monthly in advance, and the Usage Charges are payable monthly in arrears.
14.5 You agree that you will remain responsible for all Charges incurred by a third party who accesses your account in order to use the Services, save from the time when you notify Batelco that a third party is using the Services through your account without your permission and Batelco suspends the Services. Notification to Batelco can either be achieved by calling 196 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.6 If you do not pay a Bill by the due date, Batelco shall have the right at its discretion and without notice to:
transfer the unpaid invoiced amount to the account of any other service(s) provided to you by Batelco, and you shall be liable to pay all charges on any bill issued by Batelco for such service(s) by the due date; and deduct the unpaid billed amount from any payment or credit due to you by Batelco under this Agreement or any other agreement for service(s) provided by Batelco to you.
The rights in this clause are in addition to any other rights that Batelco has under these terms and conditions, including the right to suspend or terminate the Service or any other service provided by Batelco.
14.7 Subject to clause 14.8, if the Customer, in good faith, disputes the amount in a Bill solely relating to statement errors (“Billing Dispute”) by notifying Batelco in writing, the Customer shall:
a) continue to pay any undisputed amounts to Batelco on or by the Bill due date;
b) co-operate with Batelco to promptly resolve the Billing Dispute; and
c) where applicable, pay the amount agreed upon mutually between the Parties within fourteen (14) days from the resolution of the Billing Dispute.
14.8 Without prejudice to the Customer’s rights under the Telecommunications Law and the Civil Law of the Kingdom of Bahrain, if the Customer does not notify Batelco of a Billing Dispute within sixty (60) days from receipt of the invoice, the invoice shall be deemed undisputed, and the Customer irrevocably waives the right to dispute the respective invoice with Batelco as a Billing Dispute in the future.
- Miscellaneous provisions
15.1 Batelco reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. If Batelco does make any amendments to the Terms & Conditions it will inform you of such changes either by posting the changes on its website at www.batelco.com or www.inet.com.bh; or by other means as Batelco sees fit.
You agree that your continued use of the Services after any amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be evidence of your intention to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended in accordance with this clause 15.1.
15.2 These Terms & Conditions together with all documents which are referred to in the Terms & Conditions represent the entire agreement between Batelco and you and they supersede all prior agreements between the parties.
15.3 Failure by Batelco to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver.
15.4 The laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain apply to these Terms & Conditions. Both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Bahrain courts of law.
15.5 Batelco is not liable to the customer if it is unable to perform any obligation or provide the Services because of any cause or circumstance whatsoever beyond Batelco’s reasonable control, including but not limited to any act of God, fire, acts of terrorism, war, civil, riot commotion, embargo, extreme weather conditions, industrial action, labour dispute, prevention from obtaining raw materials, power failure, breakdown of plant machinery or vehicles, theft, sabotage and malicious damage, acts or omission of government or authority, , or failure of third party telecommunications systems which impact upon Batelco’s ability to provide the Services.
15.6 If any part of these Terms & Conditions becomes to any extent illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall to that extent be deemed to no longer form part of these Terms & Conditions. This will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any of the remaining Terms & Conditions which shall continue in force.
15.7 You may not assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations under these Terms & Conditions without Batelco’s prior written consent. You agree that Batelco may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms & Conditions to an alternative Internet service provider if necessary, as long as the level of service remains of a comparable standard.
- Definitions used in these Terms & Conditions
16.1 Certain words and phrases in this Agreement have specific meanings as set
“Access Line” means a telephone line which you use in order to receive
telecommunications services over the Batelco network at the Premises;
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions together with the Application Form,
and any other general terms and conditions which may apply to the provision of other
services by Batelco as the case may be;
“Application Form” means the Application Form, governed by these Terms & Conditions,
which you have entered into with Batelco for the provision of the requested Services;
“Batelco Confidential Information” means all information (whether written or oral)
concerning Batelco’s business, trade secrets, customers, suppliers and affairs that you
shall obtain or receive as a result of the provision of the Services;
“Batelco Equipment” means all equipment owned by Batelco which is supplied to you
in connection with the supply of any of the Services, including but not limited to the
“Batelco inet Network” means the Batelco internet network;
“Bill” means a bill sent to you by Batelco in accordance with clause 14;
“Charges” means the charges payable by you in return for your use of the Services, as
set out in clause 14, and which includes the Usage Charges and the Subscription
Charges where applicable;
“Customer” means you (the person who enters into this Agreement with Batelco for the
provision of the Services);
“Customer Equipment” means any equipment owned or otherwise used by you,
including but not limited to your personal computer, modems or other related devices
and which are used by you to access the Services;
“inet E-mail Account” means an e-mail account provided by Batelco for use with the
“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyrights (including rights in computer software),
patents, trade marks, trade names, service marks, business names (including Internet
domain names), design rights, database rights, semi-conductor topography rights, rights
in undisclosed or confidential information (such as know-how, trade secrets and
inventions (whether patentable or not)) and all other intellectual property or similar
proprietary rights of whatever nature (whether registered or not and including
applications to register or rights to apply for registration) which may now or in the
future subsist anywhere in the universe;
“ISDN Line” means an integrated services digital network telephone line;
“Password” means the [4-8] digit password allocated to you upon commencement of
those Services which require a password;
“Premises” means the place where you will receive the Services;
“Registration and Setup Fee” means the fee payable by you pursuant to
“Required Specification” means, in relation to the Customer Equipment, as per
internationally accepted standards;
“Services” means all or any of the services as the case may be as selected by you on
the Application Form;
“Subscription Charges” means, where applicable to the Services which you have
requested, the charges payable on a monthly basis for your use of the Services. For the
avoidance of doubt these charges do not include the Usage Charges;
“Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out herein;
“Third Party Software” means software purchased from a party other than Batelco;
“Usage Charges” means, where applicable to the Services which you have requested,
the charges payable on a per minute or per unit basis for your use of the Services;
“User Identification” means the identification code allocated to you upon
commencement of those Services which require such user identification;
“you” and “your” means (i) the Customer who orders the Services and (ii) belonging to
the Customer, as the case may be and as the context so requires;
Specific Terms and Conditions for Broadband Device Instalment
- This package contains (i) a globally recognised branded device (ii) Residential Broadband package. Batelco provides the device on a deposit and/or instalment basis as advised to the Customer at the time of sale based on Customer choice. The contract period cannot be changed at anytime. Monthly instalments shall be billed in advance.
- The customer shall pay the device price in equal interest free installments over the contract period.
- Subscribers to Broadband Device Instalment are required to remain subscribed to Batelco Broadband Services for a minimum of 3 months after which they may at any time choose to cease the Broadband Services and will be liable for the remaining amount of the device, which will be transferred to the Customer’s next bill.
- Non Bahraini Nationals may be required to present a sponsorship letter from their company or a guarantor on clearly stating that the sponsor/guarantor accepts payment of any outstanding amount of the device in case the Customer defaults on a payment. The letter is specific to the amount of the device only.
- The return of the device or exchange for another brand shall not be accepted without the supplier consent.
- The supplier assigned by Batelco will be responsible for the support of hardware and software supplied.
- Support of any third party hardware/software will be solely the customers responsibility.
- Batelco shall provide support for Internet related issues only.
- Any upgrade of device desired by the Customer shall be dealt with by the respective supplier, and the Customer shall pay any additional costs directly to the supplier.
- Should a fault arise with the device all claims shall be made against the device warranty on the supplier. Title of ownership to the device shall pass to the Customer upon signing the delivery note.
Terms and Conditions specific to the Broadband Packages
- Subscribers to the Broadband Packages shall agree to a minimum 12 months contract period (Minimum Term) commencing on the date of activation.
- In the event the Customer wishes to terminate the respective Broadband Package before completion of the Minimum Term, the Customer will be liable to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to one (1) months’ rental for the Broadband Package.
- Should the Customer wish to downgrade the Broadband Package prior to completion of the Minimum Term, the Customer will be liable to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to one (1) months’ monthly rental for the Broadband Package and five Bahraini Dinars (BHD 5). Where the Customer wishes to downgrade the Broadband Package following completion of the Minimum Term, the Customer will only be liable for a charge of five Bahraini Dinars only (BHD 5).
- Following completion of the Minimum Term the Customer will continue to be subscribed to the existing Broadband Package until such time as the Broadband Package is terminated or migrated. In such circumstances no cancellation fee will apply.
- Packages shall be offered with set threshold limits. Batelco Fair Usage Policy applies once the threshold is exceeded.
Terms and conditions specific for Broadband Contract Renewals
- Customers subscribed to Broadband Packages may choose to renew their contract at any time for an additional term of 24 months in order to avail certain benefits, including but not limited to, additional threshold usage, higher speeds at the same price discounted monthly rentals and free devices.
- In this instance, should the Customer wish to terminate or downgrade the Broadband Package prior to completion of the 24 month term the Customer will be liable to pay a cancellation fee as follows:
|Broadband Package Rental||Cancellation Penalty (once off)|
|Less than BD10||BD30|
|BD10 <= BD30||BD50|
|Higher than BD30||BD100|
Terms and Conditions specific to Fiber Broadband Service:
- Subscribers to the Fiber Broadband Service shall agree to a minimum twenty four (24) months contract period (Minimum Term) commencing on the date of activation.
- Customers shall be provided with an optical network terminal (“ONT”) at no additional cost for the provision of the Fiber Broadband Service.
- In the event the Customer wishes to terminate the Fiber Broadband Service before completion of the Minimum Term, the Customer will be liable to:
– pay a cancellation fee equivalent to one (1) months’ rental for the Fiber Broadband Service; and
– return the ONT in satisfactory working condition to any of Batelco’s retail shops within thirty (30) days from the date of requesting the termination.
- If the Customer fails to return the ONT as per the above provision, the Customer will be charged a once off charge for the ONT as per the following:
- The Customer shall pay thirty Bahraini Dinars (BHD 30) if the Customer terminates the Fiber Broadband Service before twelve (12) months from the activation date.
- The Customer shall pay fifteen Bahraini Dinars (BHD 15) if the Customer terminates the Fiber Broadband Service at any time between twelve (12) to twenty four (24) months from the activation date.
- The Customer shall not pay any charge, if the Fiber Broadband Service is terminated after twenty four (24) months from the activation date.
Fiber Broadband Service is offered based on availability in the area where the Customer is located.
Terms and Conditions specific to ‘Unlimited YouTube & Weekends’ Bolt-on
- Subscribers to any Consumer Broadband package are eligible to subscribe to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle, subject to a monthly subscription fee.
- Each Subscriber to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle shall receive unlimited YouTube usage seven (7) days a week and unlimited usage over two (2) weekend days, each week of every calendar month.
- Each Subscriber shall receive unlimited usage over a period of 8 days each calendar month.
- Customers subscribed to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle who have had their speed throttled at the time of reaching the Weekend period (for exceeding their monthly threshold limit) shall be un-throttled during the Weekend period. Their speed shall be throttled back upon end of the Weekend for the remainder of that specific billing period.
- Any usage carried out during the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends eligibility period shall not be accounted for or deducted from the Customer’s monthly threshold unit,
- Subscribers to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle shall be charged a monthly subscription fee for the bundle,
- Customers who downgrade to a non qualifying package shall lose the subscription to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle.
- Subscribers to the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle shall agree to a minimum twenty four (24) months’ contract period (Minimum Term).
- In the event the Customer wishes to terminate the Unlimited YouTube & Weekends usage bundle before completion of the Minimum Term, the Customer shall be liable to pay a cancellation fee of BD 30.
Terms and conditions specific for Internet Contract Renewals
- 2 years contract applies on all SmartSaver packages
- Exludes Pospaid Mobile or Batelco TV monthly rental (if any).
- Customers subscribed to Home Internet Packages may choose to renew their contract at any time for an additional term of 24 months in order to avail certain benefits, including but not limited to, additional threshold usage, higher speeds at the same price discounted monthly rentals and free devices.
- In this instance, should the Customer wish to terminate or downgrade the Home Internet Package prior to completion of the 24 month term the Customer will be liable to pay a cancellation fee as follows:
|Home Internet Package Rental||Cancellation Penalty (once off)|
|Less than BD10||BD30|
|BD10 <= BD30||BD50|
|Higher than BD30||BD100|
Terms & Conditions for Postpaid and Prepaid Roaming:
- The offer is available while roaming in the specified destinations only.
- The customer will be charged once-off for the purchased bundle.
- The bundle will not auto renew.
- General Mobile terms and conditions apply.
Specific Terms & Conditions for prepaid only:
- For GCC1, customer must have a minimum balance of BD5.1 in order to be able to subscribe to the bundle.
- For GCC7, customer must have a minimum balance of BD10.1 in order to be able to subscribe to the bundle.
- For WW7, customer must have a minimum balance of BD20.1 in order to be able to subscribe to the bundle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR bWallet
These terms and conditions apply to bWallet product and services powered by AFS in Bahrain
- APPLICATION OF TERMS These Terms form the contract between the User and Service Provider for availing the Services through the Wallet. By registering for bwallet, the User acknowledges and accepts these Terms. The User expressly agrees and acknowledges to have read and understood the Terms that govern the Services and be bound by And to comply with these terms and conditions, Further, the User agrees not to use the site if he does not agree with all the terms and conditions and undertakes to complete the KYC process required by Service Provider.
- ELIGIBILITY The User must be a resident of Bahrain having a valid CPR and must have attained 13 years of age for availing the Services, any person shall be upfront required to download & register with bwallet on their mobile phone. bwallet is issued with the profile provided /confirmed by the User at the time of registration and will be associated with the registered mobile number of the User. The sign-up bonus BD3 and 2% cash back will be eligible for the first 10,000 customers only
- SERVICE CHARGES Charges for Services provided under the Wallet shall be informed upfront to the User. Service Provider reserves the right to charge or modify charges by giving prior notice and recover from the User such charge for providing services through the Wallet. The User hereby authorizes the Service Provider to recover the said charges by debiting the Wallet of the User under due intimation.
- UNAUTHORISED ACCESS The User shall not disclose the PIN (Login credential to bwallet) and/or OTP (One Time Password) and/or security question to any person. If the User fails to observe any of the security procedures, he/she may incur liability for unauthorized use. Where the User uses the Wallet for any purpose which is illegal, improper or which is not authorized under these Terms, the Service Provider shall have a right to disable the Wallet.
- WARRANTIES The Service Provider does not warrant that access to the Wallet and/or Services shall be uninterrupted. The Service Provider does not warrant and shall not be responsible due to failure of operational systems, technical issues. We may also provide links on our website to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that Products you purchase from third party sellers through our website, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third-party seller. If you would like information about your legal rights you should contact your local trading standards or citizens advice bureau. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your personal information related to that transaction to the third-party seller.
- CHANGE OF TERMS The Service Provider shall have the sole discretion to change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Unless otherwise indicated, amendments will become effective immediately. User needs to review these Terms and Conditions periodically. User continued use of the Wallet following posting of changes and/or modifications will constitute User acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions.
- CASHBACK OFFER – TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The cashback offer will apply only to specific merchants starting from June 1st 2018.
2) Effective July 1st 2018, a nominal cashback processing fee will be applicable for settlement of monthly Cashback credits.
a- The processing fee of BD1 (one) only will be deducted from your total cash back earnings.
b- This fee will not be deducted from your deposited balance into your bwallet account.
c- You will be eligible for Cashback only if you accumulate more than BD2 of Cashback credit and the accumulation will be reckoned on monthly basis starting from June 2018.Refer to the following scenarios for clarity:
1) Scenario A: Accumulated cashback during month: BD5; Cashback processing fee will be: BD1; Net cashback amount: BD4
2) Scenario B: Accumulated cashback during month: BD2; No cashback will be credited
3) Scenario C: Accumulated cashback during month: BD1; No cashback will be credited
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS The User acknowledges that the underlying software required for accessing the Wallet/availing the Service/s are the legal property of the respective Service Provider. The permission given by the Service Provider to access the Wallet/avail the Service/s will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in such software. The User shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the underlying software or create any derivative product based on the software. B Wallet logo is trademark and property of the Service Provider. Infringement of any intellectual property is strictly prohibited.
- AMOUNT LIMIT The maximum storing funds is limited to BD1,000 and the maximum value of single transaction is BD500
“The products and services referred to herein are subject to the terms and conditions governing them as specified by the Service Provider from time to time at the website of the Service Provider. Nothing contained herein shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an advice, invitation or solicitation to purchase any products/services of the Service Provider. Our relationship is governed exclusively by these terms & conditions and no presumption of any relation other than that contemplated by this document shall be presumed or exist. “
Making Batelco Monthly bills more rewarding (Batelco & Bahrain Credit)
- Customer should own a credit card with other banks within Bahrain and transfer the credit card balance to Imtiaz card to be entitled for a reimbursement of BD10 monthly in Batelco Fixed line, Home Internet, or Mobile line bill for one year.
- Customer should pay Batelco bills through Imtiaz card before the statement date (19th of each month).
- On the statement date (20th of each month) IMITAZ credit card team will validate the cardholders account and cashback the amount spent to pay their Batelco accounts.
Uplifting your Batelco Email Experience with Amazon Web Services
Batelco is partnering with AWS to bring to you an enhanced and improved email service that promises to elevate your business communications.
Please access your Batelco email account to ensure you benefit from the new and improved features that will be coming to your inbox soon. Login now at www.inetmail.com.bh
We kindly request you to change your existing Batelco email password to a stronger one following our new password criteria before 08-Nov-18.
The new password must include:
- Must be 8 character long.
- A minimum of three of the following mix of character types:
- Uppercase letter ( A ..Z)
- Lowercase letter (a…z)
- Numbers (1 2 3 …)
- Special characters (& # @ & $).
To reset your password: www.inetmail.com.bh
For business customers please contact your account manager or email@example.com
Consumer customers, please contact 196
eSIM Terms & Conditions
- This eSIM QR Code is for activating your eSIM profile and should be kept confidential. Please ensure you do not share it with others physically or as a picture before activating it on your device. Batelco is not responsible nor liable for any such warranted or unwarranted disclosure on your part.
- The QR code and voucher can only be used one time on a single device. The QR code and voucher cannot be re-used by the same user or any other user again on the same device or on any other device.
- If you delete your eSIM profile information from your device and wish to re-activate it, you will need to obtain a new eSIM QR code voucher from BATELCO. So, please ensure you do not delete your profile unless you have a new QR code that you wish to activate on the same or a different phone again.
- If you wish to switch eSIM compatible devices, you must obtain a new QR Code in order to activate your eSIM on the new device. In this case, to switch to a new device you need the new QR code and you will also need to delete your eSIM profile from the existing device before registering your eSIM profile on the new device by using the new QR code.
- If you lose your device or the device is stolen and the eSIM profile is loaded on it, please ensure to contact BATELCO immediately to deactivate your SIM and delete your profile as otherwise anyone who has the ability to access your phone will be able to use your SIM. BATELCO will not be responsible or liable for any such use. You will be able to reactivate your SIM on the same or a new device only after obtaining a new QR code from BATELCO in this case.
- If you have multiple eSIM profiles loaded on the same device and you want to switch between different profiles, you can do so freely and in this case, you will not require a new QR code. If you have an inactive profile, you do not require a QR code for reactivation on the same device. In the case, that you’ve deleted your profile from your device, you will require a new QR code
- The existing charges will be applied, BD5.250 for new registration and BD3.150 for SIM replacement, However, there will be BD5.250 yearly recurring. The stated prices are inclusive of VAT at 5%.