Now, we are introducing the eSIM, the latest technology that provides you with a totally new digital experience by replacing the physical Sim with an embedded Sim.
What is eSIM?
An eSIM is a SIM-card that is embedded in the mobile device. The SIM stores all information that is necessary to identify and authenticate the mobile subscriber.
The eSIM comes in the form of an integrated SIM chip that cannot and does not need to be removed from a device. The identification information can be updated over the air, to enable multiple profiles. A physical SIM will no longer be required.
How to activate your Batelco eSIM?
- Ensure that you have one of the supported devices for eSIM
- Visit your nearest Batelco shops and request the eSIM
- You will be provided with a voucher that has a QR code
- In your device, go to Settings, Cellular, Add Cellular plan
- Scan the QR code on your device, and make sure you are connected to the internet
- All authentications will proceed at the back-end system to activate the new mobile number.
The eSIM will be supported by Apple’s latest iPhones: the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR with IOS 12.1 and above.