Introducing VoWiFi for the first time in Bahrain
Now, Batelco is providing you with Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) service, first of its kind across the Kingdom In the latest evolution of its network advancement to support voice services, Batelco is delivering the technology to provide you with the very best mobile experience available today.
What is VoWiFi?
VoWiFi is Voice over WiFi or WiFi Calling.
It allows making high-quality voice calls on any WiFi network or hotspot connections.
With Batelco’s Voice Over WiFi, customers can place calls locally through any Wi-Fi Connection they come across in the Kingdom within weak signal areas, with no additional charges! Only the normal package rates will be applied. Additionally the customers can enjoy local calling rate to Bahrain while roaming.
What are the benefits of VoWiFi?
- It allows you to make calls over any Wi-Fi network (home, office, hotspots).
- It provides you with better indoor coverage.
- It provides you with seamless call transfer support between VoWiFi and VoLTE and vice versa.
- You can access VoWiFi easily from the tip of your smart phone as no special apps required, just make calls the normal way you do.
- Voice roaming reduced and unified charges.
- Works on any WiFi network provider and hotspot (Tethering).
Who can benefit from it?
- If you are using iPhone 6 and above software iOS 11.2 with valid 4G/LTE Voice and Data Package, you are eligible for the VoWiFi Service.
- If your using Samsung S8 and S8+ with valid 4G/LTE Voice and Data Package, you are eligible for the VoWiFi Service.
- Samsung S8, S8+ and note 8 ( with latest software update )
- Samsung S10 and S10 + ( with latest software update )
- S9, S9+ and Note 9 ( with latest software update )
- Huawei ( Coming soon )
How to activate VoWiFi service on your phone?
To enable VoWiFi follow the below Steps:
Go to: Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone > ON .
Tap Settings > Connections > turn on Voice over WiFi.
Terms and Conditions:
- The feature is available to all Batelco Prepaid and Postpaid customers inside and outside the kingdom.
- You will be charged 35 files per minute for calling and receiving from home.
- No additional access fees will be applied.
- Quality of the call depends on the Wi-Fi network connection.
- Making international calls while you abroad will be charged as international calls not home.
- You’ll be charged as International calling rate if you’re using VPN connection.