Introducing VoWiFi for the first time in Bahrain
Now, Batelco is providing you with Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) service, first of its kind across the Kingdom In the latest evolution of its network advancement to support voice services, Batelco is delivering the technology to provide you with the very best mobile experience available today.
What is VoWiFi?
VoWiFi is Voice over WiFi or WiFi Calling.
It allows making high-quality voice calls on any WiFi network or hotspot connections.
With Batelco’s Voice Over WiFi, customers can place calls locally through any Wi-Fi Connection they come across in the Kingdom, with no additional charges! Only the normal package rates will be applied.
What are the benefits of VoWiFi?
- It allows you to make calls over any Wi-Fi network (home, office, hotspots).
- It provides you with better indoor coverage.
- It provides you with seamless call transfer support between VoWiFi and VoLTE and vice versa.
- You can access VoWiFi easily from the tip of your smart phone as no special apps required, just make calls the normal way you do.
Who can benefit from it?
If you are using one of the iPhone models below, with device software iOS 11.2 and above and have a valid 4G/LTE Voice and Data Package, you are eligible for the VoWiFi Service
Included iPhone Models:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
How to enable VoWiFi service?
If you are using iPhone 6 and higher models with software iOS 11.2 and above and a valid 4G/LTE Voice and Data Package you will automatically be provisioned with the VoWiFi service.
- Apple will automatically push the new Carrier Setting Update to your phone.
- Accept the new Carrier Setting Update.
- Enable the VoWiFi Service from the device menu. (refer to VoWiFi Activation steps below)
To manually update the Carrier Settings once the settings are pushed by Apple, customers should follow the below steps:
Go to: Settings > General> About > Wait for the Carrier Settings to Pop-Up and update.
How to activate VoWiFi service on your phone?
To enable VoWiFi follow the below Steps:
Go to: Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone > ON .